Sunday 5 November 2017

Stitching News

Brenda Duck came to make her sandwich... this quilt made with one Moda Layer Cake and One Moda Jelly Roll... all from the French General collection... Brenda wanted a quick and easy quilt and that's what the pre-cuts gave her. It's really effective don't you think?

Stephanie Iceland came to make her Cathedral Windows Sandwich... lovely, bright colours all in beautiful Batik scraps. The white fabric is sheeting... such a thrifty lady is Mrs Iceland. She used a Youtube method for making the Cathedral Windows and while we were pinning we found some pretty chunky seam bumps, so the quilting will have to be carefully and skillfully stitched.

Luna Twirly drove herself nuts trying to decide on the colour placement of her Charm Square fabrics... you know how it goes don't you... move that one, now move that one ...oh now move that one!! She sorted it in the end though.

Cuuuuuute!!! Jemima Puddle Duck.
I can't say a lot, not yet...
 but I wanted to show you how fabulous the thin yellow border strips look

As I'm a little short on pictures for this post (my perfectly purple camera got it's very own self a little lost this week) I thought I would show you this one, it's a phone picture of my artist, Lilly, in action. She came to my very own shop to do a bit of designing for me... pretty spectacular though quite complicated looking borders for my Hidden Wells Quilt.... This is her second stage doodle session and after a bit of a joint brainstorming with more paper and a ruler... we agreed! Lilly took it home to work on it a bit more... I'm feeling quilted excited! I might even enter this one in Uttoxeter Quilt show... but I'll reserve the right to decide which year! Ha.

No comments: